The key to success is to start early so that all parts of your application will reach us by the deadline of February 15, 2019.
You must have a student account on this website in order to apply. You can register for a new account here. Once your account has been approved, you can log into your new account and complete the application. If you have completed an IGC scholarship application within the last two years, you already have an account with this site and can log in to your existing account.
The online application has four parts:
- Personal Information
- One Short Essay
- Financial Information of Student and Parents
- Certification of Accuracy / Materials Release Form
The following information is also required as part of your application:
- One page Student Aid Report (SAR) showing the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) taken from FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.
Complete your FAFSA report early so you will receive your report with the amount of your EFC in time to include a copy of the report with this scholarship application.
- If You Are Not a Citizen you will not be eligible for federal student aid, but you may be eligible for aid from the State of California or from your college.
- If you submitted the CA Dream Act application last year you should complete it again now.
- If you did NOT submit a CA Dream Act application last year, please consult your advisor for the best current advice about the wisdom of applying for Dream Act funding.
The application is now available at https://dream.csac.ca.gov. This should be done in time to include a copy of your EFC with this scholarship application.
- Personal Photo. Upload a recent high-resolution digital photo of yourself (at least one megabyte) to your student account. Most phone camera pictures are the correct resolution. Upload your photo "actual size" to ensure it will be large enough. Your application is not complete until we receive your photo.
Please scan and upload the requested documents to your account. Documents received after the deadline of February 15, 2019, will not be accepted.