All high school students or college students who are applying for a scholarship for the first time are required to complete an application form and supporting documentation.
HOW TO BEGIN:
If you are a new applicant, you must register for a student account on this website in order to apply. Once your account has been approved, you can log in to your new account and complete the application.
Register for a student account here »
The application has six parts. Your application will be complete when IGCSF receives all of the following documents by March 1, 2020:
- Online Application
- Personal Information
- Two Essays
- Financial Information of Student and Parents
- Certification of Accuracy / Materials Release Form
- Two recommendations
- Most Recent High School or College Transcript
- One page Student Aid Report (SAR) showing the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) taken from the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.
- Optional SAT and/or ACT results
- Optional Personal Photo
1. Online Application
Log in to your student account to complete the application. You may save and return to it as you progress through the forms, but once complete, you must certify the accuracy of your submission and submit it with your supporting documents by March 1, 2020.
To complete the application, you will need to provide information about:
- your high school or college grades and experience
- the cost of attendance at the college you hope to attend
- financial information about you and your family
- your work and/or extracurricular experience
- the names and contact information for two people who will complete recommendation forms
2. Two Recommendations
Please list the name and email contact information on your application of two people who will complete recommendations for you.
One must be from a teacher or counselor who is familiar with your academic abilities.
The second reference may be submitted by another teacher or counselor, or a personal recommendation, someone who supervised you in an extracurricular activity such as a student club, sport, or volunteer organization, or who has employed you, or who knows you well in another context.
Your references need time to complete and submit your recommendation.
Recommendation Request Form
3. Most Recent High School or College Transcript
Request a copy of your transcript from your current school and upload it to the IGCSF website before you submit your application.
If you are a high school student, please provide an electronic copy of an official or unofficial high school transcript that verifies a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.7 or higher for grades 10-12.
If you are applying as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year college student, provide an electronic copy of your most recent transcript from your current college that verifies a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher (some exceptions to the GPA of 2.7 requirement may be considered for those applicants who have only completed their first year of college.)
4. One page Student Aid Report (SAR) showing the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) taken from the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form
The Scholarship Committee needs an official Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) to consider your application for funding. To get a SAR, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
For the FAFSA, use this link: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
Complete your FAFSA early so you will receive your SAR with the amount of your EFC in time to include it with this scholarship application.
If You Are Not a Citizen you will not be eligible for federal student aid, but you may be eligible for aid from the State of California or from your college.
- If you submitted the CA Dream Act application last year you should complete it again now. The CA Dream Act is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. This should be done in time to include a copy of your EFC with this scholarship application. The application is now available at https://dream.csac.ca.gov
- If you did NOT submit a CA Dream Act application last year, please consult your advisor for the best current advice about the wisdom of applying for CA Dream Act funding. This should be done in time to include a copy of your EFC with this scholarship application. The application is now available at https://dream.csac.ca.gov
5. Optional SAT and/or ACT Results
If you have taken the SAT and/or ACT standardized exam and wish to submit your results for consideration, please scan and upload an electronic copy of your official results to the IGCSF website before you submit your application.
6. Optional Personal Photo
Upload a recent high-resolution digital headshot of yourself (at least one megabyte) to your student account. Most phone camera pictures are the correct resolution. Upload your photo "actual size" to insure it will be large enough.